Hidden Treasure of Grand Canyon

In 1909 a subterranean city which was built with the precision of the Great Pyramid was found by G.E. Kincaid near the Grand Canyon in Arizona. It was big enough to accommodate 50,000 people and mummified bodies found on the site were of oriental or possibly Egyptian origin, according to the expedition leader Professor S. A. Jordan. Numerous artifacts were found, including copper implements as hard as steel. The Smithsonian Institution in Washington DC has ensured these finds remain unknown to the public and no-one would have known about this discovery had it not been for two articles in a local newspaper, the Arizona Gazette, in April 5th 1909 with the title "Explorations in the Grand Canyon”. The Gazette claimed that the team had found a vast underground citadel within the Grand Canyon which was "not only the oldest archaeological discovery in the United States, but one of the most valuable in the world."

The researcher and author, John Rhodes, claims to have located this site and he connects it with Sipapuni, the underground world from where the Hopi Indians claim to have originated. According to their legends, the Hopi once lived within the Earth and were fed and clothed by ‘ant people’, possibly the extraterrestrials known as the Greys. The Hopi refer to their ancestors as their ‘snake brothers’ and their most sacred of underground rituals is the snake dance.

Kinkaid's narration of the discovery in the Gazette described how he made the discovery while traveling alone in a wooden boat down the Colorado River from Green River, Wyoming, to Yuma, looking for minerals. According to the article, about 42 miles up from the El Tovar Crystal canyon, (probably around Marble Canyon, in the area of the present-day Navajo Indian reservation), Kinkaid noticed "stains in the sedimentary formation about 2,000 feet above the river bed." He then, with great difficulty, made his way up the canyon wall to arrive at a small cave opening, which had steps leading down from it. Kinkaid then passed through the entrance, and at a cross chamber 100 feet from the entrance, he found a carved image of a cross-legged idol, which he thought resembled Buddha and was probably of Tibetan origin. Several hundred feet along the 12 foot wide passageway he discovered a crypt containing mummies, one of which he stood up and photographed by flashlight. There were numerous side passages, rooms, and various artifacts, including copper tools, urns, and cups of copper and gold, enamelled and glazed pottery vessels, engraved yellow stones strewn all over the floors, and an unknown grey metal resembling platinum. He also found hieroglyphics, which he believed were of an "Egyptian or Oriental type."

Kinkaid surmised that more than 50,000 people could have been comfortably accommodated within the caverns. The newspaper mentioned that some of the artifacts had been shipped off to Washington, D.C., and that the Smithsonian Institute, under the direction of Prof. S.A. Jordan, was carefully investigating the citadel. The discoveries, they claimed, "almost conclusively prove that the race which inhabited this mysterious cavern was of oriental origin, possibly from Egypt, tracing back to Ramses."

What is the truth behind this amazing story? Is there any other evidence apart from this isolated and anonymous newspaper article? If fact, there is a previous article in the same newspaper from March 12, 1909, also relating to G.E. Kinkaid. The article gives a short description of Kinkaid's trip down the Colorado and mentions "some interesting archaeological discoveries" being made, but nothing is indicated of the staggering nature of these finds. For some reason, the Arizona Gazette never followed up the story. After May 1909 there is complete silence on the subject until the article was rediscovered by ancient mysteries writer David Hatcher Childress and published in the conspiracy magazine Nexus in 1993. It subsequently found its way onto the Internet, and the Egyptians in the Grand Canyon story has now been used by hundreds of Websites. Most of these are merely reprints of Childress' Nexus article, and all derive from the original newspaper story. In fact, since 1909, no further evidence at all for truth of the claims has been added to the original source.

In January 2000, researchers into the mystery contacted the Smithsonian Institution on the subject. They were told that over the years the Institution had received many inquiries about the 1909 newspaper article, but that its Department of Anthropology could find no mention in its files of a Professor Jordan, Kinkaid, or a lost Egyptian civilization in Arizona. Researchers did turn up mention of an archaeologist called Prof. S.A. Jordon, spelled with an o, not an a, but apparently he was European, not American. However, for some researchers this is proof that the entire discovery has been covered up. They point to the many unexplored caves, tunnels, and holes in the canyon and the fact that much of the area around where Kinkaid allegedly made his discovery is now government property and closed to the public. This is certainly true of the 400 foot deep Stanton's Cave, which, when excavated, was found to contain thousands of ancient Indian artifacts, and the remains of 10,000 year old giant California Condors. It is a significant archaeological and palaeontological site, and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This cave, along with others in the area, is now sealed of from the public with a huge steel gate. The sinister reason behind this? To protect the colony of Townsend's big-eared bats living in the cave from being disturbed by visitors.

Another curious feature of the Grand Canyon-which appears to link it to the 1909 newspaper story-is the wide variety of oriental and Egyptian names given to many of its peaks and buttes, particularly in the area of Kinkaid's strange caverns. Around Ninety-four Mile Creek and Trinity Creek there are names such as Isis Temple, Tower of Set, Tower of Ra, Horus Temple, Osiris Temple, while in the Haunted Canyon area there are the Cheops Pyramid, the Buddha Cloister, Buddha Temple, Manu Temple, and Shiva Temple. Perhaps the mysterious origin of these names gives a clue to the location of Kinkaid's hidden treasure?

Unfortunately, the explanation for these names is far more prosaic. It comes in the form of Clarence E. Dutton, Captain of Ordnance in the U.S. Army, whose most important work, The Tertiary History of the Grand Canyon District, appeared in 1882. It was Dutton who, noting the similarities between the Grand Canyon peaks and some of the great architectural works of mankind, gave the Grand Canyon most of its exotic names. The remainder were named by Francois Matthes, a government cartographer, who in the spring of 1902 undertook the topographic mapping of the Grand Canyon for the U. S. Geological Survey. There is no mystery about this; most decent histories of the Grand Canyon (Frommer's Grand Canyon National Park and Stephen J. Pyne's How the Canyon Became Grand, for example) give these facts. Indeed, it is more than possible that the Egyptian and Indian place names of the Grand Canyon provided part of the inspiration for the Gazette article.

But is the article anything other than a simple newspaper hoax, akin to that published in The Dallas Morning News, of April 19, 1897, telling of a UFO crash in Aurora, Texas? Many details of the 1909 article do suggest this. First of all, nobody has ever seen the photographs Kinkaid is alleged to have taken in the caverns or the artifacts he apparently retrieved. Surely, in more than 90 years someone would have seen them. Another problem is the lack of documentary evidence to back up the existence of either G.E. Kinkaid or Prof. S.A. Jordan. In addition, in the May 1909 article the Gazette refers to the Smithsonian as an Institute instead of an Institution (many Websites using the story have copied this error). It is surely fair to suggest that anyone employed by the Smithsonian would know the difference. A further error in the article is the statement that Kinkaid was "the first white child born in Idaho." In fact, this was Eliza Spalding, born at Lapwai on November 5, 1837, to Henry and Eliza Spalding.

According to conspiracy theorists, the Smithsonian Institute went so far as to destroy artifacts to maintain this historical viewpoint. Espousers of this theory mention man-made mounds with plaster walls strewn across the American Midwest and a series of fire-hewn coffins found in Alabama in 1892 that were turned over the Smithsonian Institute, only to be lost in the years following. Kincaid and Jordan returned without artifacts or pictures of the findings, leaving the Arizona Gazette article as the sole evidence of the expedition.

Hidden History: “Lost Civilizations, Secret Knowlodge, and Ancient Mysteries” by Brian Haughton;
The Biggest Secret: “The Book that Will Change The World” by David Icke;

Pic Source:
07:41 | 0 komentar

UFO Sightings in the 1800's

In July 1868, residents of Copiago, Chile, observed an unidentified “aerial construction” fly overhead. It was described as having shiny scales and making a noise like a machine. A dramatic account from the summer of 1883 was published in the West German magazine, Der Stern. According to the report, “All the children and the teacher in the public elementary school at Segeberg, saw in the sky two fiery balls, the size of full moons, traveling side by side, not very swiftly, from north to south, on a clear and sunny day.” Despite the many sightings, most people still didn’t view UFOs as aliens from space. More popular explanations included angels, demons, or signs from God or the Devil. At this time, humans had still not learned how to fly, so the idea of space-travel and life on other planets hadn’t entered the public consciousness. It wouldn’t be until airplanes and rockets were invented in the early twentieth century that people began to seriously consider that UFOs might be creatures from other planets.

Then in 1896, the United States experienced its first UFO wave when residents across northern California reported seeing an “airship” in the sky. The first sighting to gain widespread attention occurred on November 17, 1896. As reported in the Sacramento Bee: “Last evening between the hours of six and seven o’clock, in the year of our Lord 1896, a most startling exhibition was seen in the sky in this city of Sacramento.  People standing on the sidewalks at certain points in the city between the hours stated, saw coming through the sky over the housetops what appeared to them to be merely an electric arc lamp propelled by some mysterious force. It came out of the east and sailed unevenly toward the southwest, dropping now nearer to the earth, and now suddenly rising into the air.” Several witnesses said they heard voices. Among the many witnesses was the daughter of the mayor of Sacramento.

Over the next week, the mysterious airship continued to appear. Five days later, on November 22, 1896, dozens of passengers on an Oakland streetcar observed an object that looked like a “wingless cigar.” The object emitted beams of light and traveled slowly overhead. Again, the account became front-page news. Before long, the wave spread across the United States, with thousands of people reporting the strange zeppelin-like objects.
In 1897 there were many reported over Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Illinois. The first sightings started on the night of April 5th in Omaha , Nebraska with more than a 100 people witnessing the appearance of a flying object approximately 12 foot long , sperical in shape, shiny with a steel like body.

April 10th, further east, in Illinois, A Chicago newsstand dealer, Walter McCann, took a picture of one with his camera at Rogers Park. Here again , the 2 pictures revealed a elongated ovoid shape.  The same day in Mount Carroll, Illinois, more witnesses reported seeing the same type of object and again describing it as elongated and ovoid shaped. The next night, in Minnesota, a cigar shaped crafted was spotted by R.G. Adams over Minneapolis, Minnesota.

By April 12th, more reports had come in from Wisconsin. By April 14th, a cigar shaped craft was reported over Indiana. Continuing East, by the 19th, a similar type craft , described as approximately 180 feet long with red, white and green lights appeard in Cochransville, Ohio.

In a few of the cases, witnesses encountered human-looking people who were dressed strangely and spoke unknown languages. At first, people assumed that these airships were coming from foreign countries, such as Cuba. Again, the idea of aliens visiting Earth from outer space was still largely unknown.

Today, the mysterious airship wave remains unexplained. Some researchers believe that the sightings may have been the result of early undercover experiments with dirigibles, zeppelins, and other airships. And in fact, on November 3, 1897, timber merchant David Schwarz of the Austro-Hungarian Empire invented and successfully flew an airship.

Other researchers have a stranger explanation for the airship mystery. They say that UFOs are actually putting on different masks for each culture, and may actually be some sort of interdimensional visitors and not extraterrestrials at all. The best evidence for this theory is the fact that UFOs do seem to appear different in each culture. For example, the many cases of fairies and elves in the medieval times may have been actual fairies and elves, actual aliens that people just thought were fairies or elves, or perhaps another mask worn by the interdimensional beings.

Mysteries, Legends, and Unexplained Phenomena by Preston Dennett;
08:40 | 0 komentar

Lost Treasure of HMS Hampshire

In mid-1916, HMS Hampshire (a Devonshire-class armoured cruiser of the Royal Navy) saw service during the First World War and was present at the battle of Jutland. Several days later she was sailing to Russia, carrying the Secretary of State for War, Field Marshal Lord Kitchener, when she is believed to have struck a mine laid by a German submarine. She sank with heavy loss of life, including Kitchener and his staff. Rumours later circulated of German spies and sabotage being involved in the sinking. Her wreck is listed under the Protection of Military Remains Act, though part was later illegally salvaged. A number of films were made exploring the circumstances of her loss.

On 5 June 1916, Britain’s Secretary of State for War, Lord Kitchener of Khartoum, set out on a highly secretive military mission to Russia, probably with the aim of stiffening the Tsar’s resolve and offering him support in maintaining the Anglo-Russian alliance. To reach St. Petersburg, Kitchener was to sail by warship through the dangerous waters to the north of Scotland and along the coast of Norway, well inside the Arctic Circle, then south past the Kola Peninsula of Russia and thorough the White Sea to the port of Archangel. A few days previously, on 31 May, the only major naval engagement of the war had been fought, when the British and German fleets met at the Battle of Jutland. This was an unexpected engagement, and proved indecisive, as both commanders exercised great caution. Nevertheless, the battle ended with the loss of three British battleships and one German.

The news of the British losses was greeted with dismay at home, but the Battle of Jutland was not a total disaster, since the naval status quo was unaffected, and thereafter the blockade of Germany’s fleet in its North Sea bases was successfully maintained until the end of the war. A far greater shock to the nation, perhaps the most traumatic news of the war to date, was the announcement on 6 June that the cruiser HMS Hampshire had been sunk off the coast of the Orkney Islands and that Lord Kitchener had drowned.

HMS Hampshire

Although there now seems little doubt that what sank the HMS Hampshire was not sabotage, but a mine, and that what brought ship and mine into contact was not treachery, but incompetence, the suspicions were to linger. An air of mystery continued to surround both the Hampshire’s loss and the exact nature of Kitchener’s mission. Some years later the speculation extended to what else, apart from a national icon, the ship was carrying when it sank. For many there was a reason to believe that its cargo may have included a large consignment of gold.

Lord Kitchener left London from King’s Cross station on the evening of Sunday, 4 June in the company of a small group of officials and servants. He was bound for Scapa Flow, in the Orkneys, the war base of the Grand Fleet, to which it had recently returned after the Battle of Jutland. He travelled by train overnight to Thurso, in the extreme north of Scotland, and crossed to Scapa Flow the following morning on the destroyer Royal Oak. He had lunch with Admiral Sir John Jellicoe, Commander-in-Chief of the Grand Fleet, aboard the latter’s flagship the Iron Duke and then transferred to the cruiser HMS Hampshire, which had been designated some days before to make the voyage to Archangel. Already a fierce gale was blowing from the northeast. It was suggested to Kitchener that he might delay his voyage for twenty-four hours, but he refused to contemplate any delay. It was then that the British naval authorities made the first of a series of fatal blunders. In view of the gale they decided to re-route the Hampshire up the west coast of Orkney rather than up the east coast, which was the more usual route for warships. The reasoning was that the Hampshire would be able to make a better speed up the west coast which was on the lee side of the storm, and therefore be safer from attack by enemy submarine. But the decision was based on meteorological ignorance. The Hampshire had hardly put to sea before the storm swung round from northeast to northwest, as was common with this kind of cyclone.

The Hampshire, with a top speed of twenty-two knots, was still able to make eighteen knots even in the adverse weather conditions. The two destroyers, Unity and Victor, that had been assigned to escort her, however, quickly fell behind. The Hampshire reduced its speed to 15 knots and headed in closer to land. But the destroyers continued to drop back. At 6.30 p.m. Captain Herbert Savill of the Hampshire signaled to the destroyers to return to port. If they could not keep up, their continuing was senseless. It was a fateful decision.

At approximately 7.40 p.m. the Hampshire was about one and a half miles offshore between Marwick Head and the Brough of Birsay on the very northwest corner of the mainland of Orkney. This is one of the bleakest and most remote spots in the entire British Isles and even though it was summertime, it was still a bitterly cold grey evening. Suddenly and disturbingly, above the screaming of the gale, a loud explosion was heard from below amidships, in the vicinity of the boiler room. The ship immediately took on a sharp list to starboard. The electric lights went out. Hundreds of men found themselves trapped below deck. Many of the firemen and stokers were severely burned with scalding water. Others were injured by flying debris. Within twenty minutes the Hampshire had gone down bows first. The appalling weather and the speed of the sinking had made it impossible to get off any boats, though an unsuccessful attempt was made to launch the Captain’s galley. The only chance of survival was to cling to a Carley life-raft. Three of these were successfully launched but they were grossly overcrowded, about 70 men grimy hanging on to each raft. One by one, as it got dark, most of these men dropped off. Of the 662 people on board the Hampshire only twelve survived. None of these survivors was among the seven members of Kitchener’s mission. According to those who survived, Kitchener was last seen standing calmly on the bridge deck in the company of Captain Savill, making no apparent effort to save himself. A fortune-teller had once told him that he would die by water. The roll-call of fatalities made it one of the worst naval disaster of the war.

No distress signal was transmitted by wireless from the sinking ship; not even a rocket was fired. Such omissions can only be explained as a result of the almost total paralysis that overtook the Hampshire from the moment of the explosion. But an islander called Joe Angus, a gunner in the Orkney Territorial Forces, noticed a cruiser in distress from his lookout at Birsay. He saw evidence of an explosion aft of the bridge. He immediately informed his corporal and urgent telegrams were dispatched to naval headquarters at Longhope.
There was some confusion on the part of the observers about whether or not the ship was a cruiser or a battlecruiser, and the first telegraphic message did not include the information that the Hampshire had sunk. This, together with a certain pedantic concern for correct detail on the part of the senior officer at Longhope, Vice-Admiral Sir F.E. Brock, caused a delay in sending rescue craft until 9.45 p.m. There was also long-lasting bitterness among the islanders, over the fact that the naval authorities forbade them to launch the island’s own lifeboat to assist in the rescue. The Navy also issued instructions that all islanders remain indoors away from the cliffs in the vicinity of the disaster. The reason for this high-handed and insensitive behavior on the part of the Navy no doubt had something to do with establishing proper security for Kitchener and the members of his mission in the event of their being rescued. Certainly there were fears at the time among the naval authorities that the island had been infiltrated by Irish and German saboteurs. But the effect of the ban was counter-productive, in that those who were lucky enough to reach the shore alive were deprived of help in scaling the cliffs. This belated obsession with security thus probably only to increase the death toll.

The reaction of the British nation to the death of Kitchener was one of stunned disbelief. Kitchener, more than any other single man, was identified as the leader of the British war effort. It was a terrible psychological blow, even though there were some high up in the government circles and the armed forces who were secretly relieved by his demise. A sizeable proportion of the population simply refused to believe that Kitchener was really dead. Rumours immediately began to proliferate about how he had been seen leaving the sinking ship in a dinghy or how a soldier in uniform had been seen coming ashore. The fact that Kitchener’s body was never recovered lent credence to the rumours. A tendency to mythologize rapidly overtook events and there was a strong beliefs among some of the more credulous sections of the population that Kitchener would one day return to lead his men again. Others accepted Kitchener’s death but looked around for someone to blame. The Irish were the obvious suspects, particularly because the Hampshire had been for a refit in Belfast a few months before it sank. Wild theories were elaborated about how time bombs had been fitted to the ship or stowaways were secreted somewhere deep in the ship’s holds.

The idea of sabotage was later fuelled by the publication of a number of books in Germany after the end of the war. Written by acknowledges German spies, they all personally claimed credit for the sinking. The pressure became so intense that in 1926, ten years after the sinking, the government was forced to issue a White Paper, revealing the findings of an internal inquiry. The intention was to lay the entire Hampshire controversy to rest. Certain matters that had caused disquiet were cleared up.

However the White Paper failed altogether to deal with the two most serious criticisms that could be leveled against the authorities. First, there had been a serious lack of security concerning Kitchener’s voyage. His impending mission had been openly discussed in most of the capitals of Europe from late May onwards, and it is almost certain that German intelligence would have picked up on it. Secondly, there was confusion regarding mine clearance in the area where the Hampshire went down (the details of which only fully emerged in 1959 with the publication of Donald McCormick’s excellent book on the subject, entitled Kitchener’s Death). On 26 May 1916, ten days before the Hampshire left, a German deciphering officer at the Neumunster listening station near Kiel picked up a coded message from a British destroyer to the Admiralty, stating that the route to the west of the Orkneys had been cleared of mines and was now safe for transit. The message was repeated three times. From this the Germans concluded that this route must have been designated for the passage of an important ship and included the area in their next minelaying sortie – previously they had ignored this route, used only by small unimportant merchant ships.

On 28 May the U-75, under Commander Kurt Beitzen, was dispatched to lay mines on the west side of Orkney, which he successfully accomplished. The extraordinary thing about this episode is not only the woeful lapse in security, but that there is no record in British naval files of such signal ever having been made from a British destroyer to the Admiralty. Furthermore there is no record that this western route was swept free of mines on 26 May, and the decision to use it for the Hampshire was only taken at the last minute. It can only be concluded that the signal intercepted by the German listening station was a rogue signal sent out by Naval Intelligence Division under Admiral Hall deliberately to mislead the Germans. Admiral Hall was fond of such cat and mouse games with the enemy. It seems that in the aftermath of the Battle of Jutland, which took place on 31 May, this crucial piece of counter-intelligence games playing was not communicated to Admiral Jellicoe, and that the latter, in complete ignorance and because of the freak weather, then inadvertently directed the Hampshire into the trap that British Naval Intelligence had instigated as a diversionary tactic. This was incompetence on a grand scale.

The White Paper did not put an end to the Hampshire scandal. But the next time the infamous cruiser hit the headlines of the world’s press it was in a different context entirely. An article in the Berliner Illustrierte Zeitung in 1933 carried a report referring to the salvage of £10,000 in gold bars from the Hampshire’s strong room. Suddenly HMS Hampshire had been transformed from cause célèbre into a treasure ship. The British and American press picked up on the story and soon the furore of interest was such that the Admiralty was once again obliged to issue a statement. It claimed that it knew nothing of the salvage, but that HMS Hampshire remained the property of HM Government and could not be touched without the permission of HM Government.

Some light was thrown on the mystery of the Hampshire treasure with the publication of a book called Unlocking Adventure by Charles Courtney in the early 1950s. Courtney described in some detail a highly secretive salvage attempt on HMS Hampshire in 1933 by a group of divers working off a ship called KSR out of Kiel under a Captain Brandt. According to Courtney, £60,000 worth of gold had been recovered when the salvage was aborted by a serious accident that resulted in one diver being killed and two thers being taken to hospital. Courtney claimed that there was in total £2 million worth of gold on board the Hampshire, and that the main purpose of Kitchener’s mission had been to provide the Tsar with this financial support.

There are aspects of Courtney’s description which suggest a certain amount of romantic embellishment, particularly concerning the miraculously preserved dead bodies he claimed to have encountered within the hull of the Hampshire. It is questionable whether or not any diving operation could possibly have taken place, in view of the fierce currents that run in the area of Marwick Head. Even today, with all the improvements in diving technology, it would still be difficult and complex operation. However, Courtney does provide a wealth of circumstantial detail, much of which has the ring of truth. For example, the presence of a strange ship in the vicinity of Marwick Head during long periods of the summer of 1933 was corroborated by local observers on the island itself. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of Courtney’s account, however is not the graphic description he provides of diving inside the wreck but the detail he gives about the group of international financiers who backed the operation. This group included both the German industrialist Krupp and the notorious arms dealer Basil Zaharoff.

The problem with the Hampshire gold theory is that the government, the Bank of England and the Admiralty have all consistently denied any knowledge of gold being on board. One possible theory that has never been fully explored is that if there was gold on the Hampshire, it was not British gold at all, but privately owned Russian gold, held by the Romanov family in Britain, gold that was suddenly required in Russia in 1916 because of the state of emergency in which the Romanovs found themselves. One thing is certain. The Hampshire continues to exert an enduring fascination over treasure-hunters and shipwreck enthusiasts.

Lost Treasure Ships of the Twentieth Century by Nigel Pickford;

Pic Source:
06:32 | 0 komentar

Mysterious Disappearance of Lord Lucan

The Lucan story began on the night of 7th November 1974 at 9.45pm with the murder of nanny Sandra Rivett, beaten to death in the basement of Lucan's London home. That night, a distressed and bloodstained woman burst into the bar of The Plumber’s Arms, Lower Belgrave Street, crying out for help. She said that she just escaped from being murdered and the murderer still in her house. She was Veronica Duncan the Countess of Lucan, who had fled from her home at number 46, leaving behind her three children. She was obviously the victim of a serious assault, soon afterward the police and an ambulance were called to the scene.

The police officers who arrived to investigate found a substantial house with a ground floor, a basement and four upper floors. Forcing open the front door, they searched the premises, and found the children in their bedrooms, unharmed. The door to the basement was open. There was no light in the hall, so they fetched a flashlight. They descended the stairs to the breakfast room, and found the walls splashed with blood, a pool of blood on the floor, with some male footprints in it, and, near the door connecting the breakfast room to the kitchen, a bloodstained sack. The top of the sack was folded over but not fastened. Inside was the corpse of Sandra Rivett, the children’s' nanny. She had been battered to death with a blunt instrument. In the hallway was a length of lead piping, covered in surgical tape, very bent out of shape and heavily bloodstained. The back door was unlocked.

When Lady Lucan was able to make a statement to the police she named her husband as her attacker and the murderer of Sandra Rivett. However there was no sign of Lord Lucan on the crime scene.

Lord and Lady Lucan
Lord Lucan or Richard John Bingham, (usually known as "John") the future 7th Earl of Lucan was born on 18th December 1934. He went to Eton where he discovered the great passion of his life - gambling. In 1953 he joined the Coldstream Guards, where he spent much of his off-duty time playing poker or visiting casinos. After leaving the Army he joined a Merchant Bank, but by now, gambling was his first priority. One night, after a substantial win at chemin-de-fer he decided to quit his job and become a professional gambler. His gambling nickname was "Lucky".

In March 1963 he was introduced to Veronica Duncan, whose sister was the wife of Bill Shand Kydd. They were married the following November. Two months later, John Bingham’s father died, and the couple became the 7th Earl and Countess of Lucan. On 24th October 1964 their first child, Lady Frances, was born. By then, they were living at the Lower Belgrave St house.

Based on Mrs. Madelaine Floorman statement, who lived not far away from the Lucan's residence. She said, shortly after 10 pm she was awoken by someone pressing her doorbell insistently, but she decided to ignore it. Some time later, her phone rang. She was sure that the caller was Lord Lucan himself, he sounded distressed. After that, she went back to sleep. Next morning, some spots of what appeared to be blood were found on her doorstep.

According to Susan Maxwell-Scott (one of Lord Lucan's friend), Lord Lucan had told her that he had been walking past the Lower Belgrave St house, and had peeped in through the basement window. He had seen someone struggling with his Lady Lucan in the basement kitchen. He let himself in through the front door and ran down the stairs. He slipped and fell in a pool of blood, and the man had run off. He had calmed Lady Lucan down and taken her upstairs to try and clean her up, but while he was in the bathroom she had run out of the house shouting "Murder!". He had panicked, realizing things looked very bad for him, and decided to get out.

Between that time and arriving at the Maxwell-Scotts he said had made three phone calls, one to Mrs. Floorman, one to his mother, and he had also tried to telephone Bill Shand Kydd, who was married to Lady Lucan’s sister but there was no reply. Mrs. Maxell-Scott said that he did not tell her where he made these calls from, but she got the impression they had been made after he left the house. At 12.15 he rang his mother from the Maxwell-Scotts house to check that she had the children, and rang Bill Shand Kydd again, but there was no reply.

Lord Lucan then wrote two letters, both addressed to Bill Shand Kydd at his home in Bayswater. (They were posted the following day. The envelopes were found to have smears of blood on them. ) Mrs. Maxwell-Scott tried to persuade him to remain so they could go to the local police the next morning, but he said he had to "get back". He drove away. There has been no validated sighting of him since.

A warrant for his arrest was issued a few days later and in his absence, the inquest into Rivett's death named him as her murderer, the last occasion in Britain a coroner's court was allowed to do so.

Three days after the murder, the Ford Corsair was found abandoned at Newhaven. Bloodstains were found inside of both type A and type B, also, a piece of bandaged lead piping, unstained, but very similar to the one found in the murder house.

Lucan's fate remains a fascinating mystery for the British public. Hundreds of reports of his presence in various countries around the world have been made following Rivett's murder, although none have been substantiated. Despite a police investigation and huge press interest, Lucan has not been found and is presumed dead. However, since his disappearance there have been dozens of alleged sightings of the peer in countries around the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20646721 ;
20:15 | 1 komentar

Arnold Paole

Arnold Paole, an ex-soldier from the district of Medvegia, located at the Morava river near the town of Paraćin, in Serbia which was at that time part of the Austrian Empire. His case, like the similar case of Peter Plogojowitz, became famous because of the direct involvement of the Austrian authorities and the documentation by Austrian physicians and officers, who confirmed the reality of vampires. Their report of the case was distributed in Western Europe and contributed to the spread of vampire belief among educated Europeans. Paole had been a likeable, good-natured character who had gone off to serve in the Emperor’s army in Turkish Serbia, returning home in 1727. He settled down as a farmer and became engaged to a local girl. However, his neighbours noticed that, since his return from the Army, his character had subtly changed.

This outbreak is only known from Flückinger's report about the second epidemic and its prehistory. According to the account of the Medvegia locals as retold there, Arnold Paole was a hajduk who had moved to the village from the Turkish-controlled part of Serbia. Although still extremely pleasant, he had become almost brooding and fearful, ready to jump at any shadow. He privately told his fiancée a strange story as an explanation. When stationed in Turkish Serbia, his regiment had been subject to the nightly attentions of a vampire. A group of men including Paole himself had been sent out to find the creature and destroy it. It was Paole who had located the creature’s grave and who had dug it up, killing it after a brief struggle. However, in its death throes, the thing covered the young soldier in blood and grave earth. He had washed it away but ever after he still felt contaminated. He felt as though some unclean shadow was hanging over him and that something was watching him as he went about his work. His fiancée told him not to be foolish, but Paole’s gloomy attitude continued.

A week after the confession, he was killed in a fall from a cart and was quickly buried in the local cemetery. Three weeks later, a number of people complained of seeing Arnold Paole about the town and several said that he had come into their bedrooms at night for some unspecified purpose. Shortly after, four of these complainants died from an unknown disease. The ghost of Arnold Paole was blamed for these deaths and the word “vampire” began to circulate in the district—people now heard of the curious story that he had told his fiancée. Even so, nothing was done immediately. Arnold Paole’s grave was opened forty days after his death.

To the alarm of everyone present, his body was found to be undecayed—and it got worse. Fresh blood had oozed from his eyes, nose, and ears and the front of his shirt, all across his chest, was found to be soaked in it. His fingernails had fallen off but had been replaced by new growths and his hair appeared to have grown considerably. For the locals, this was a sure sign that Arnold Paole had become a vampire, so a wooden whitethorn stake was driven into the corpse’s heart in accordance with local custom. In response, the dead man gave a loud groan, which was heard by everyone present. The body was left in the open and surgeons were brought from Belgrade in order to examine it. They announced that Paole had been a vampire, and the four people who had died after reputedly seeing his ghost, were also exhumed and staked. However, the danger had not passed.

Four years afterwards, in 1731, seventeen people reputedly died, due to some sort of vampiric activity, evoking memories of Arnold Paole. A twenty year-old woman by the name of Stana had suddenly and inexplicably died after an illness which had lasted three days and which came directly after her confinement. On her deathbed, she confessed that she had secretly anointed herself with the blood of an alleged vampire in order to protect herself from its attentions whilst pregnant. (This, apparently, was a common belief in that part of Serbia.) Nevertheless, both she and her baby died. Both were rather carelessly buried and the body of the infant was subsequently dug up and devoured by a wolf pack. The body of the woman, however, was left untouched by the wolves and seemed to be in an undecayed state. When her grave was opened, it was found that her chest cavity was full of fresh blood and that she looked as fresh as when she had been alive. Both her finger and toenails were loose and came away when touched, revealing new ones growing underneath. The body was adjudged to be in “the vampire condition” and was burned.

Another body, that of a sixteen year-old boy that had been buried for ninety days, was also exhumed and found to be as perfectly fresh as it had been when he was alive. The body of his companion was also unearthed and found to be in a similar condition. Another young girl was dug up some time after being interred, and her body was also found to be fresh and supple and when a stake was thrust into her, she disgorged a large amount of blood. These, and a number of others, provoked yet another vampire scare. Soon the name of Arnold Paole was circulating far and wide, adding to the debate on vampires.

Encyclopedia of the Undead: "A Field Guide to the Creatures That Cannot Rest In Peace" by DR. Bob Curran;
18:00 | 0 komentar

Dol Hareubang of Jeju Island

Dol hareubangs are large mushroom-like statues found on Jeju Island off the southern tip of Korea. They are produced from 1763-1765, once stood outside the eastern, western, and southern gates of the Jeju City fortress and considered to be gods offering both fertility and protection against demons travelling between realities. The name dol hareubang derives from the Korean word for "stone" (dol 돌) plus the Jeju dialect word hareubang (하르방) meaning "grandfather" or "senior" (harabeoji [할아버지] in Standard Korean) and was coined in the mid-20th century. Dol hareubangs also called as tol harubangs, hareubangs, harubangs, other earlier names for the statues include beoksumeori, museongmok, useongmok. Beoksumeori, meaning shaman head, is used in the former area of Jeongui Hyeon (county), museongmok in Daejeong Hyeon and Jeongui Hyeon, and useongmok only in Jeju Hyeon.

Dol Hareubang at Tamna Mokseokwon, Jeju Island

The Dol Hareubangs are carved from porous basalt (volcanic rock) and range in size up to 3 metres high. The statues' faces feature grinning expressions and bulging eyes without pupils, a long, broad nose, and slight smile and their hands rest on their bellies, one slightly above the other. In sets of two, one will have a higher left hand and the other a higher right hand. The hat is commonly referred to as phallic or mushroom-like.

There are three main theories as to the origin of Dol Hareubangs; either that they were introduced by visitors from the sea, that they are a counterpart to the jangseungs (totem poles) of mainland Korea, or that they spread with shamanic mushroom culture. The mushroom and its related imagery has had great importance in Korea, visible in ancient crowns, funeral urns, the Ship Jang Saeng Do (십장생도). The Dol Harubang are a form of political propaganda, representations of the sacred powers of the mushroom, its associated deity, and attesting to the power of the Shamans.

According to Derrick Story (writer of The Digital Story.com) there's a lesser-known and fascinating tradition associated with these Dol Hareubangs or "stone grandfathers," as explained to him by a native Korean woman. She said that newly married women who wanted to conceive and have a boy, would rub the nose of the Dol hareubang.

Statue at Kosenji Temple, Japan

Interestingly, at Kosenji Temple in Kusatsu Onsen town (Gunma Prefecture), there is a very small statue that is almost identical to the dol hareubang or stone grandfather guardians of Jeju Island of South Korea. Whether this was a donation of a passing migrant from the area of Jeju Island, or that Kosenji Temple was established by Korean migrants, the idea of the connection is tantalizing.


Pic Source:
06:22 | 0 komentar

Tasmanian Globster

Discovered from time to time on beaches throughout the world, globsters are mysterious blobs of flesh, occasionally covered with hair, that some people believe are the remains of sea monsters. Such blobs have been reported since at least the late nineteenth century, but the first one to be called a globster (a term coined by cryptozoologist Ivan T. Sanderson) was found on a Tasmanian beach. On August 1960 a huge mass of organic material was found on the beach north of the Interview River, Tasmania, Australia, by Ben Fenton, Jack Boote, and Ray Anthony. It measured 20 feet long by 18 feet wide by 4 feet 6 inches thick, and it weighed 5–10 tons. It appeared to be made up of “tendon-like threads welded together with a fatty substance.” Over eighteen months, it showed no signs of decomposition.

According to witnesses it looks like somewhat circular lump of flesh was covered with short hair that witnesses said had a texture similar to sheep’s wool. This hair has led many people to believe that the Tasmanian globster represents some new, previously unknown species of sea creature.

An on-site analysis of the material by Bruce Mollison of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) on March 7, 1962, was unable to provide an identification. A second CSIRO analysis on March 17, 1962, indicated protein and collagen as primary components and suggested the material was “not inconsistent with blubber.”

Bruce Mollinson, who examined the Tasmanian remains himself, has suggested that the globster came from an unknown stingraylike creature, which he theorized might live in the underwater caverns off the coast of Tasmania.

Another fibrous Globster was found in March 1965 on Muriwai Beach, North Island, New Zealand. It was 30 feet long, 8 feet high, and covered with hair 4–6 inches long.

Ben Fenton found a third Australasian Globster south of Sandy Cape, Tasmania, in November 1970. This one was 8 feet long.

However, some cryptozoologists believe that the Tasmanian globster is instead a lump of whale blubber, noting that when the carcasses of sharks and whales decompose, their fibrous connecting tissue dries out and takes on the appearance of hair. Indeed, in 1962 the Australian government declared that scientific testing had proven the Tasmanian globster to be whale blubber. Still, some people reject this conclusion as being based on flawed testing methods.

Another hair-covered globster, found on November 1, 1922, on a South African beach, has also caused dispute. The day before its discovery, numerous people along the beach saw two whales fighting with a strange creature they later said looked like a polar bear. When the carcass eventually washed up on shore, it did indeed have hair that resembled a polar bear’s, but otherwise it did not look like a bear. Instead, it had a 10-foot-long (3m) tail and a 5-foot-long (1.5m) appendage that witnesses later said was a trunk, a snout, or a headless neck; this appendage was 14 inches (35.6m) in diameter, and the creature’s body was 47 feet (14.3m) long and 10 feet (3m) wide.

Unfortunately for those who wanted to learn more, the carcass washed back into the sea before scientists could examine it. This, however, has not kept people from speculating that it was some sort of sea monster.

With each globster discovery, cryptozoologists hope the remains will be complete enough to allow them to classify them as coming from a previously unknown creature. This was, in fact, the case with one of the earliest recorded globster finds, which proved to be a species of giant octopus never before seen. The remains, which washed ashore at Anastasia Island, Florida, in 1896, weighed about 50 tons (45.34 metric tons), and the body measured 23 feet (7m) long, 18 feet (5.5m) wide, and 4 feet (1.2m) tall; a few tentacles were as long as 32 feet (9.8m). Occasionally, a globster shows up that is thought to be the remains of a long-extinct species, such as a plesiosaur, a sea-dwelling dinosaur that is thought to have become extinct roughly 65 million years ago.

Cryptozoologists thought they had made just such a find in the waters off New Zealand in 1977, but scientific testing later showed that the badly decomposed remains were those of a 33-foot-long (10m) shark, though its species could not be identified.

Mysterious Creatures: “A Guide to Cryptozoology” by George M. Eberhart;
The Greenhaven Encyclopedia of Paranormal Phenomena by Patricia D. Netzley
15:54 | 0 komentar

Australian Giant Monitor

Australian giant monitor or Megalania was a very large goanna or monitor lizard. It was part of a megafaunal assemblage that inhabited southern Australia during the Pleistocene. It seems to have disappeared around 40,000 years ago. It has various names: Burrunjor (in Northern Territory), Mungoon-galli, Murra murri (in the Blue Mountains), Whowie (in Riverina) with physical description: Length, 20–30 feet or more. The distribution of this creature around Northern New South Wales; Arnhem Land, Northern Territory; Cape York, Queensland. Significant sightings of the similar creature occurred in 1975, a group of bushwalkers claimed they found large tracks and tail marks at the edge of the Wallangambe Wilderness in the Blue Mountains of New South Wales.

 Australian Giant Monitor seen in 1979 by herpetologist Frank Gordon in the Wattagan Mountains, New South Wales.

On December 27, 1975, a farmer near Cessnock, New South Wales, saw a bulky, 30-foot monitor lizard moving through scrub brush. It was mottled gray in color, with dark stripes long the back and tail, and stood 3 feet off the ground.

In early 1979, herpetologist Frank Gordon was driving his Land Rover in the Wattagan Mountains in New South Wales south of Canberra when he saw a reptile 27–30 feet long by the side of the road. It rose up and ran away on all four legs into the neighboring woods.

In July 1979, cryptozoologist Rex Gilroy was called to a freshly plowed field by a farmer. Across the field were thirty or so tracks that seemed to have been made by an enormous lizard. While most of the tracks had been ruined by rain, Gilroy was able to make a plaster cast of one that had been preserved.

Possible explanations:
The Perentie (Varanus giganteus), Australia’s largest lizard, grows to 8 feet long; some individuals might attain 10 feet. It is cream-colored, with dark-brown speckles, and it occurs from western Queensland to the coast of Western Australia.
Surviving Megalania prisca, a 15- to 21-foot lizard that lived in central Australia in the Pliocene and Pleistocene (2 million–20,000 years ago). At 1,300 pounds, it weighed ten times as much as the Komodo dragon (Varanus komodoensis) and was probably an active predator and scavenger. Its teeth were nearly 1 inch long. At least some specimens had a sagittal crest.

While there are occasional reports from Australia and New Guinea of giant lizards similar to the megalania, these reports only began after the species was first described and became publicly known. There is no credible scientific evidence of the existence of a surviving population.

Mysterious Creatures: "A Guide to Cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart;

Pic Source:
Mysterious Creatures: "A Guide to Cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart page 27
07:42 | 0 komentar

Resurrection Mary

Resurrection Mary is one of Chicago’s most famous ghosts who haunts the town of Justice, a suburb of Chicago. She takes her name from the district's Resurrection Cemetery, where she is thought to be buried. (There is no definite record of anyone having been buried there that matches her name and description. The closest in age is a young Polish woman named Mary, but there are no further details in the cemetery register.) Mary was a pretty blue-eyed blonde, an ideal date, and she loved to dance. But one fateful night, she changed from Mary, teenage sweetheart, to Resurrection Mary, a ghost doomed to hitchhike home over and over again. Only “home” isn’t a house—it’s a cemetery! She has been seen frequently since 1936, either at the Willowbrook Ballroom, where she had her final date, or walking along the road where she is said to have died after being struck by a hit-and-run driver.

The story goes that Mary, dressed in a fancy white dress and white shoes, went dancing one night at the ballroom, which then was known as the O. Henry Ballroom. She argued with her date and left the ballroom in a huff, walking up Archer Avenue. It’s not known how the accident happened— or who was at fault—but Mary was struck and killed by a car. The driver left the scene and was never identified. Mary’s heartbroken parents had her buried at Resurrection Cemetery, wearing the white dress and shoes she wore on the last night of her life.

The Resurrection Cemetery in Justice

Her ghost began appearing around 1936, appearing in front of an oncoming car in the middle of the road or jumping onto its side running board. The ghost would ask to be taken to the O. Henry, where she would dance all night. Then, at closing time, she would catch a ride with a stranger traveling down Archer Road, back toward Resurrection Cemetery.

Chicago paranormal researcher Richard Crowe has quite a file on “Resurrection Mary,” a beautiful phantom hitchhiker who haunts Chicago’ s South Side. “She was buried in Resurrection Cemetery on Archer Avenue, which is where she gets her nickname,” Crowe explained. “During the 1930s and 1940s, Mary was often picked up at dances by various people. She would ask for a ride toward Resurrection Cemetery, saying that she lived down that way. As people drove her home, she would yell at them to stop in front of the cemetery gates. She would get out of the car, run across the road, and dematerialize at the gate.”

Resurrection Mary has also been seen standing inside the cemetery. There were an especially large number of sightings while the cemetery was being renovated in the 1970s. Since that time, she has been sighted all over the Chicago area, but she always returns to Resurrection Cemetery.

No one knows who the real Mary was. She has been said to be Anna Marija (Mary) Norkus, a 12-year-old blonde Lithuanian girl who went to the O. Henry in July 1927 to celebrate her birthday. On her way home, the car in which she was riding fell into a ditch and she was killed. But Marija was buried at another cemetery. Nonetheless, the ghost of Resurrection Mary is real to those who meet her. She is most often seen in winter, especially around Christmastime. She looks very much alive, dressed in her fancy white dress and shoes, and a little shawl too thin for the cold winter night.

Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena: "Ghosts and Haunted Places" by Rosemary Ellen Guiley;
Real Ghost, Restless Spirits and Haunted Places by Brad Steiger;
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ghosts and Hauntings by Tom Ogden

Pic Source:
04:48 | 0 komentar

Reincarnation Story of Tang Jiang Shan

In 2002, an article was published in Oriental Women told the story of reincarnation. There was a boy, named Tang Jiang Shan who was born in 1976 in Dong Fang, Gan Cheng District, Hai Nan province, China. According to elder reports and testimony from his parents, when he was 3 years old, he suddenly told his parents: "I am not your child. In the past life my name is Chen Ming Dao, whose father in that life was a man by the name of San Die. My house in Dan Zhou, near the sea." He mentioned that he was killed by a sword and gun during the Revolution. And even more amazing, he could speak the Dan Zhou dialect extremely well. The dialect was quite different from Hok Kian dialect used by the town of Dong Fang. It was also reported that the boy had sword scars on his waist, which were apparently left over from his previous life.

According to Wikipedia, Reincarnation is the religious or philosophical concept that the soul or spirit, after biological death, begins a new life in a new body that may be human, animal or spiritual depending on the moral quality of the previous life's actions.
For several years, Tang urged his parents to take him to his previous life village, when they did take him, he walked up to a man called Chen Zan Ying, an old man he then called San Die. He told Chen that after the death, he reborn in the district Gan Cheng - city Dong Fang, now comes looking for his past life parents. Heard that weird story, Chen Zan Ying stunned for a moment did not know how to do.

Then the little boy shows his past life bedrooms, and count one by one the things in his past life. He was also able to recognized his older sisters and younger sisters and others from the village. Even he mentioned his girl friend in his past life: Xie Shu Xiang.

All of these events have been amazed Chen Ming Dao relatives and neighbors. Since then, Tang Jiang Shan, had two houses and two pairs of parents. He was back and forth each year between Dong Fang and Dan Zhou.

The editors of the magazine at first did not believe the story, however through repeated examination and verification with Tang Jiang Shan's relatives, they admit the truth about the incident.

06:43 | 0 komentar

Mysterious Flying Humanoid

On January 16, 2004 at 3:15 A.M. Leonardo Samaniego, a police officer from Guadalupe, N.L. Mexico was attacked by a mysterious flying humanoid. Officer Samaniego had been making his usual patrol in his patrol car around Colonia Valles de la Salla when some large black object appeared to leap from a tree next to the street and turn to face the police car. Puzzled, Officer Samaniego turned his lights on high beam and saw a living nightmare. What had fallen or leaped from the tree was a woman dressed in black, who didn’t really touch the street, she just floated several feet above the ground.

As Samaniego’s eyes widened in disbelief, the woman’s two large black eyes, totally without lids, seemed bothered by the patrol car’s headlights and she held up her cape in attempt to protect them. Next, because she was angered by the patrol car’s interference with her nocturnal activities or because the officer appeared to be a likely victim, the “witch” jumped onto the vehicle, and tried to get at him by breaking the windshield. The officer put his automobile in reverse, trying his best to escape her attack.

Later, in his official testimony to the bizarre events of the evening, Officer Samaniego said that the “witch” had flown violently at his windshield, trying to drive her hands through the glass to grab him. Again, he described her as having large black eyes, seemingly with no eyelids.

In Santiago Yturria’s translation of Officer Samaniego’s testimony for Jeff Rense, the policeman described the woman has having dark brown skin. Her expression was “horrible,” as she tried to get at Samaniego with her claws. Samaniego kept his car in reverse, desperately attempting to call for back-up. When his vehicle struck the end of the street, he was so frightened that he covered his eyes to escape the view of his ghastly attacker. When he opened his eyes and saw the horrible being still clawing at his windshield, he fainted due to the high stress.

Several minutes later when two police units arrived together with an ambulance, the officers found Samaniego still unconscious. He was uninjured—perhaps because he had remained in his patrol car—and he regained consciousness as he was being treated by paramedics in the ambulance.During the subsequent investigation of the strange incident, a police officer from Santa Catarina and two more officers from the Regia force admitted that they had seen the same flying creature that Samaniego had encountered. However, they had sighted the witch in the black dress and cape three days earlier, but had decided not to come forward with a report of such a flying creature for fear of embarrassment.

As the case continued to gain notice and credence from other police officers, a number of residents from Colonia La Playa told television interviewers that they, too, had seen the flying monster in the daylight, as well as in the late evening hours. Norma Alicia Herrera who lives in Colonia La Playa declared that she and her brother also saw the mysterious flying humanoid at daytime and that it looked weird. She said that her brother was so stunned by the sighting that he was sick for almost a week afterwards.

Real Monsters, Gruesome Critters and Beasts From the Darkside by Brad Steiger;

Pic Source:
20:15 | 2 komentar

Mysterious Giant Desert Mummies

According to the August 5, 1947 edition of the San Diego Union clipping, explorers had unearthed, the mummified remains of strangely costumed giants which the discoverers dated to around 80,000 years ago near the Arizona-Nevada-California line. The Union reported that a Howard E. Hill of Los Angeles was recounting the work of Dr. F. Bruce Russell, a retired Cincinnati physician who had originally located the first of several tunnels near Death Valley in 1931, but had not been able to return to the area until 1947.

With the help of Dr. Daniel S. Bovee, who with Hill’s father had once helped open up New Mexico’s cliff dwellings, Russell had recovered the remains of several men of 8 to 9 feet in height. “These giants,” said Hill, “are clothed in garments consisting of a medium length jacket and trouser extending slightly below the knees. The texture of the material is said to resemble gray dyed sheepskin, but obviously it was taken from an animal unknown today.”

Hill also said, according to the Union, that in another cavern was found the ritual hall of the ancient people, together with devices and markings similar to those now used by the Masonic order. In a long tunnel were well-preserved remains of animals, including elephants and tigers. So far, Hill added, no women have been found. He said the explorers believe that what they found was the burial place of the tribe’s hierarchy. Hieroglyphics, he added, bear a resemblance to what is known of those from the lost continent of Atlantis. They are chiseled, he added, on carefully polished granite.

Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 31: "Mysterious 1947 News Report of Giant Desert Mummies Surfaces";

Pic Source:
Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 31: "Mysterious 1947 News Report of Giant Desert Mummies Surfaces" page 11

19:19 | 0 komentar

Minnesota Frozen Man

Minnesota Frozen Man or Minnesota Iceman was displayed in the United States and Canada in 1960s and early 1907s. According to Loren Coleman’s account, the body of the creatures may have been encased in a block of ice in the fall of 1967. That was when Terry Cullen paid a quarter to see such a sight on exhibit in Milwaukee. It was on display in a refrigerated glass coffin shown by exhibitor Frank Hansen. Cullen notified the Bigfoot community and soon Bernard Heuvelmans and Ivan Sanderson were examining the creature. What they found was the likeness of an adult male with large feet and hands. It was covered with dark brown fur. Both eyeballs were missing from the sockets, one entirely absent and one dangling on the face. It also had an open wound and broken bone in its left arm. The smell of rotting flesh was obvious.

Heuvelmans described his examination:

“The specimen at first looks like a man, or, if you prefer, an adult human being of the male sex, of rather normal height (six feet) and proportions but excessively hairy. It is entirely covered with very dark brown hair three to four inches long. Its skin appears waxlike, similar in color to the cadavers of white men not tanned by the sun . . . The specimen is lying on its back . . . the left arm is twisted behind the head with the palm of the hand upward. The arm makes a strange curve, as if it were that of a sawdust doll, but this curvature is due to an open fracture midway between the wrist and the elbow where one can distinguish the broken ulna in a gaping wound. The right arm is twisted and held tightly against the flank, with the hand spread palm down over the right side of the abdomen. Between the right finger and the medius the penis is visible, lying obliquely on the groin. The testicles are vaguely distinguishable at the juncture of the thighs."
(Heuvelmans in ‘Bulletin of the Royal Institute of Natural Sciences of Belgium,’ quoted in Coleman 2003b, 113)

In 1969, Heuvelmans wrote an article in a Belgian scientific journal about the Iceman suggesting that it was a new species with Neanderthal affinities called Homo pongoides, and theorized it was shot and killed in Vietnam during the Vietnam War.

Sanderson, the science editor for Argosy magazine, authored an article about the Iceman in the April 1969 issue that featured the headline, "Is this the missing link between man and the apes?" Sanderson also spoke about the Iceman in television appearances, and contacted primatologist John Napier, asking him to investigate it under the official auspices of Smithsonian Institution.

Unfortunately, before the researchers could progress any further the creature disappeared, pulled from public viewing by Hansen. When Hansen did resume the exhibition of the creature, it was reported that he had replaced the original with a wax likeness. In other words, Hansen’s exhibit turned out to be a gaffe – a fake designed for the sideshow. Heuvelmans and Sanderson, however, continued to claim that the specimen they had examined – the original Frozen Man – had been the real thing.

Weird Science and Bizarre Beliefs: "Mysterious Ceatures, Lost Worlds and Amazing Inventions" by DR. Gregory L. Reece;
16:55 | 0 komentar

Serbian Magnetic Boy

In 2011, Bogdan, a 7 year-old boy from Serbia is made worldwide attention for his unique ability to attract other objects. According to MSNBC and The Daily Mail, household objects such as spoons, knives, and forks stuck to his skin with almost supernatural ease. Even stranger, other things stuck to him too, such as small plates and small flat glass objects. The objects seem to miraculously stick to the boy's skin. Bogdan's family claims he's magnetic, and an MSNBC reporter who filmed him in action says it's true. They say the objects stay there until Bogdan removes them by hand. Bizarrely, it's not just metal that seems to be attracted to the youngster. China plates and bowls seem to adhere themselves to Bogdan's chest as well.

Any feelings that Bogdan might be nothing more than a sticky little boy are dispelled when a large and heavy frying pan is stuck to his body. The family say Bogdan is not allowed to go near anything electrical, such as a television or a computer, because his alleged magnetism turns them off.

According to Benjamin Radford, renowned skeptic and managing editor of the magazine Skeptical Inquirer, there are several clues in the videos as to what's really going on.

"If there really is some magnetic attraction, the person should be able to lean over. If a magnetic force is overcoming gravity, we should see that. That's one strong clue that what we're seeing is not any sort of magnetism."

Second, glass plates and a non-metallic remote control, as well as metal objects, are shown sticking to Bogdan's chest. "Glass is not magnetic.

 Bogdan the Magnetic Boy

If a smooth piece of glass is sticking to him and a smooth piece of metal, what do those have in common? A very smooth surface. Not magnetism."

That shows that quite a different physical effect is at play. "These people aren't magnetic, it's just that things that have smooth surfaces stick to skin," said Radford, adding, "Often these magnetic people have smooth skin and hairless chests."

The key to understanding this phenomenon lies not in magnetism nor in any sort of mystical ability but instead in the physics of friction. Skin is very elastic (that’s why they call it “plastic surgery”) and tends to conform to objects it comes in contact with. This is especially noticeable on hot days when bare skin attaches itself to leather or plastic seats. Skin can also be somewhat adhesive for the same reason.


Pic Source:
07:08 | 0 komentar

Phantom Black Dog

Phantom black dogs are well known in ghost lore all over the world. They lope about lonely country roads, along seashores, in graveyards, and in remote forested areas and fields. In some areas it’s bad luck to see one; they are omens of misfortune and even death. Black dogs are huge—bigger than even the largest breeds. Their size as large as a calf. They have fiery yellow, green, or red eyes, and sometimes their entire body glows with an eerie light. Accompanied by the sound of chains, also can change its shape. They go by many names, such as devil dogs, demon dogs, hellhounds, and yell hounds. It is called the Barguest in northern England. In Devon, England, the Whisht hounds are headless black dogs that roam the moors with their master, the pagan god Odin. (“Whisht” means “spooky.”).

 A pamphlet describing the appearance of a 
BLACK DOG in a church at Bungay, Suffolk, England, in 1577
A fearsome Black dog appeared inside a church in Bungay, Suffolk, England, on August 4, 1577, accompanied by “fearful flashes of fire” during a violent thunderstorm. It rushed down the aisle, killed two people and injured a few others, then appeared 7 miles away at the church in Blythburgh, where its claws left burn marks on the church door.

In 1928, a Trinity College student was fishing in a river in County Londonderry, Northern Ireland, when a Black dog with blazing red eyes came toward him in the shallow water. Terrified, he climbed a tree, and the animal looked up at him and snarled as it passed.

In 1949, a waterworker near Keresley, Warwick, England, was confronted early one morning by a huge Black dog sitting on its haunches. Its glowing eyes watched him as he edged around it and ran away.

In the winter of 1959 or 1960, a twelve-year old boy and his mother saw a Black dog with a huge head peering into their window on Sharpe Street in South Baltimore, Maryland. Its eyes were oval-shaped and bright red or yellowish. Later, the boy went outside but could find no tracks in the snow.

On April 19, 1972, British coastguardsman Graham Grant was on watch at Gorleston, near the harbor entrance to Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, England, when he saw a large, black hound on the beach. It alternatively ran, then stopped and looked around, and after a short time it vanished. Grant said there was nowhere it might have hidden.

On April 30, 1976, a black-and-brown dog was seen in Abingdon, Massachusetts, feeding on a Shetland pony it had killed.

On October 31, 1984, a Mr. Lee was driving toward Molland, Devon, England, when he saw a huge, black great dane run toward the road at him. As Lee braked to a stop, the animal walked up to the hood of the car, looked at him, and vanished.

Victoria Rice-Heaps encountered a huge Black dog with glowing red eyes as she was driving past Hodsock Priory near Worksop, Nottinghamshire, England, early in the morning of May 11, 1991. It was about 18 inches taller than a great dane and seemed to be dragging something across the road.

In 1990's late on a Saturday night Beth and Jeremy are heading home to Hagerstown, Maryland. Jeremy is driving his dad’s SUV. A fog has settled over the road that runs through the hilly South Mountain terrain. The area is famous as a haunted place, and the fog intensifies the spookiness of the night. Ghosts are very much on the minds of the teens; they’ve just been on a ghost tour of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, a town known for its Civil War–era ghosts.

There aren’t many other cars on the road, and Jeremy’s headlight beams don’t penetrate the fog very far ahead. All of a sudden a dark shape looms out of the mist. It’s a huge dog with enormous paws, smack in the middle of the road. Its glowing yellow eyes stare straight at Jeremy. Beth screams as she sees the dog, too. Jeremy slams on the brakes and swerves, knowing that he’s probably going to hit the creature, which is too close. The SUV shudders with the sickening thump of impact. Jeremy stops, and the shaken teens get out and look behind them, half expecting to find the mangled body of a dog. They are shocked to find no trace of the animal, alive or dead. There is no damage, not even a scratch, to the SUV. Jeremy and Beth have just had a frightful encounter with the Snarly Yow—South Mountain’s famous spectral black dog.

The most famous black dog in English lore is the fearsome Black Shuck, a calf-sized dog whose eyes are red even though it has no head. A phantom collar of chains rattles as it runs. Black Shuck is also called Galleytrot, the Hateful Thing, the Shug Monkey, Hellbeast, and the Churchyard Beast.

The origins of many black dogs are lost in time. They may have been once regarded as guardians of places. Their black color and terrible appearance have demonic associations and make them natural companions for the Devil, demons, sorcerers, and witches. In England and other parts of Europe, phantom black dogs once were blamed for livestock killings.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes, drew on the legends of Black Shuck and the Whisht hounds in his tale The Hounds of the Baskervilles.

Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena: "Ghosts and Haunted Places" by Rosemary Ellen Guiley;
Mysterious Creatures: "A Guide to Cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart

Pic Source:
Mysterious Creatures: "A Guide to Cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart page 60
07:26 | 2 komentar

B-25 Mystery

On 31 January 1956, a Mitchell B-25 Bomber en route to Olmstead Air Force Base near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, ran out of fuel over the Pittsburgh area. The pilot was forced to ditch the plane in the Monongahela River near Homestead, Pennsylvania, after failing to make it to the Greater Pittsburgh Airport. The plane disappeared beneath the water and was never seen again. Eyewitnesses soon came forward, claiming that the plane had been secretly removed from the river at night. Rumors and speculations about the bomber’s secret cargo spread quickly in the cold-war climate of industrial western Pennsylvania.

Flight B-25N No. 44–29125 originated at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, on 30 January. After an overnight stop at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma, the flight continued to Selfridge Air Force Base, Michigan. At Selfridge the plane was supposed to refuel, but it was discovered that it would take three hours. The crew believed that they had enough fuel to reach Olmstead, so they departed at 2:43 P.M. without refueling. Over western Pennsylvania the fuel ran out and the pilot ditched in the Monongahela River at approximately 4:10 P.M.

Recovery attempts began soon after, and the police and people working by the river rescued four crew members. The other two crew members drowned and their bodies were recovered later that year. Reports of a fifth and even a sixth man being pulled from the water circulated immediately, with newspaper stories appearing to verify this account.

 Mitchell B-25 Bomber

According to the official record, the fifth man was a rescuer who went into the river to help, but others believed he was a secret passenger. Initially, the Coast Guard supervised the attempts to retrieve the aircraft, but on 9 February the operation was taken over by the Army Corps of Engineers. They searched for two weeks, but the plane was never located.

The search for the truth about the fate of 44-29125 has become as much a part of Pittsburgh history and lore as the mysterious disappearance of the aircraft itself. There are troubling inconsistencies about the details and destination of the flight, as well as the actual number and identities of the personnel aboard. These conflicts appear in official military and government records, in newspaper reportage, in statements made by the survivors, and in accounts given by both rescuers and eyewitnesses.

After the crash, many people came forward claiming to have seen the covert removal of the aircraft. Most of these accounts describe the removal of the plane by unidentified government agents in the middle of the night. These accounts often describe the plane being cut apart and loaded on a barge or train to be shipped off to a local military base. Proponents of the secret removal theory cite a variety of evidence other than eyewitness reports to prove their case. It has been pointed out that it is difficult to lose a plane that is 12 feet tall with a 70-foot wingspan in a river that has an average depth of 20–25 feet and a width of between 800 and 1,000 feet. In all other aircraft accidents involving the river, the planes have been recovered quickly.

Witnesses to the salvage operation reported seeing a helicopter fly over the crash site with a Geiger counter. They also point to problems in the official Air Force accident report. It contains discrepancies in the flight manifests and the cause factor analysis, and vital parts of the account of the crash are blacked out. Questions have also been raised about the original weight of the aircraft. This led to speculation that the weight of the secret cargo caused the crew to underestimate the amount of fuel needed. Several researchers have suggested that the secret cargo was some type of nerve gas or chemical weapon, since there were experiments with chemical weapons conducted in Oklahoma at the time.

Other theories about the makeup of the cargo include atomic materials, secret or state-of-the-art communications and radar technology, Mafia money, a Russian defector, Howard Hughes, and even Las Vegas showgirls.

In the late 1990s, new scientific searches for the plane have been conducted with the use of side scan sonar and divers. The B-25 Recovery Group and the Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania have speculated that the plane may rest in a 40-foot-deep gravel pit on the bottom of the Monongahela River, which has been filled in with silt since the time of the accident. All of their searches to date have been unsuccessful, and some view this as further proof that there was a secret removal of the aircraft.

Conspiracy Theories in American History: An Encyclopedia edited by Peter Knight;

Pic Source:
15:16 | 0 komentar

Tartaria Tablets

The Tărtăria tablets first discovered in 1961 by archaeologist Nicolae Vlassa at a Neolithic site in the village of Tărtăria (about 30 km from Alba Iulia) in Romania. Dated to around 5300 BC, there are three tablets bear incised symbols - the Vinča symbols - and have been the subject of considerable controversy among archaeologists, some of whom claim that the symbols represent the earliest known form of writing in the world. Nicolae Vlassa believed that the tablets were related to Proto-Sumerian writing, and that they offer the chance of making a cultural and chronological synchronisation of Europe and the Near East. His opinion on this subject has been confirmed by Milojcic and Sumer expert Adam Falkenstein. This opinion was also sustained by Makkay, Hood and others. However, most other archaeologist, champion of the long chronology, have not agreed with this opinion, looking for different kind of 'vices', 'errors', or 'myths'. They adopt other hypotheses.

In 1961, members of a team led by Nicolae Vlassa, an archaeologist at the National Museum of Transylvanian History, Cluj-Napoca in charge of the site excavations, unearthed three inscribed but unbaked clay tablets, together with 26 clay and stone figurines and a shell bracelet, accompanied by the burnt, broken, and disarticulated bones of an adult male.

Two of the tablets are rectangular and the third is round. They are all small, the round one being only 6 cm (2½ in) across, and two — one round and one rectangular — have holes drilled through them.

All three have symbols inscribed only on one face. The unpierced rectangular tablet depicts a horned animal, an unclear figure, and a vegetal motif, a branch or tree. The others have a variety of mainly abstract symbols. The purpose of the burial is unclear, but it has been suggested that the body was, if not that of a shaman or spirit-medium, that of a local most respected wise person.

The ritual pit contains various archaeological remains, as well as some parts of a human skeleton. The shape and the extent of the ritual pit did not permit the deposition of an inhumation, and in fact the human bones were placed there after the flesh had been removed or an exhumation process.

These tablets were discovered in what Vlassa called a ritual pit. He connected this pit with a pit house found nearby. The distance between the ritual pit and the pit house was 70 to 90 cm, and they belong to the same archaeological complex.

Vlassa believed that the bones had been burnt. The bones had charred appearance and traces of sponge or foam. Some parts of the skeleton, the skull and smaller bones, are missing. Only one of the bones among those recovered was burnt. Because at that time t was not possible to make an anthropological analysis, Vlassa did not wash the bones.

The tablets are generally believed to have belonged to the Vinča-Turda culture, which at the time was believed by Serbian and Romanian archaeologists to have originated around 2700 BC. Vlassa interpreted the Tărtăria tablets as a hunting scene and the other two with signs as a kind of primitive writing similar to the early pictograms of the Sumerians. The discovery caused great interest in the archeological world as it predated the first Minoan writing, the oldest known writing in Europe.

However, subsequent radiocarbon dating on the Tărtăria finds pushed the date of the tablets (and therefore of the whole Vinča culture) much further back, to as long ago as 5500 BC, the time of the early Eridu phase of the Sumerian civilization in Mesopotamia. Still, this is disputed in the light of apparently contradictory stratigraphic evidence.

If the symbols are indeed a form of writing, then writing in the Danubian culture would far predate the earliest Sumerian cuneiform script or Egyptian hieroglyphs. They would thus be the world's earliest known form of writing. This claim remains controversial.

Scholars who conclude that the inscribed symbols are writing base their assessment on a few conclusions, which are not universally endorsed. First, the existence of similar signs on other artifacts of the Danube civilization suggest that there was an inventory of standard shapes of which scribes made use. Second, the symbols make a high degree of standardization and a rectilinear shape comparable to archaic writing systems manifest. Third, that the information communicated by each character was a specific one with an unequivocal meaning. Finally, that the inscriptions are sequenced in rows, whether horizontal, vertical or circular. If they do comprise a script, it is not known what kind of writing system they represent. Some archaeologists who support the idea that they do represent writing, notably Marija Gimbutas, have proposed that they are fragments of a system dubbed the Old European Script. Others consider the pictograms to be accompanied by random scribbles.

Based on archaeological research by Gheorghe Lazarovici and Marco Merlini, the tablets and other objects from the ritual pit belong to the cult inventory of a priestess. The same is true of the pit house. The objects belong to different cults reating to fertility and fecundity (the Great Goddess and her hypostasis). The problems of the signs on the tablets and their meaning is a very complex one; they represent symbolic objects with signs and have a religious meaning.

New Archaeological Data Refering to Tartaria Tablets by Gheorghe Lazarovici and Marco Merlini;

Pic Source:
New Archaeological Data Refering to Tartaria Tablets by Gheorghe Lazarovici and Marco Merlini page 210
17:54 | 0 komentar

Recent Post

Recent Posts Widget


Popular Posts